Ah, Martha Stewart delivers again! This water-based 4 ingredient soup just can’t get any easier. If you’re short on time and produce at home all you need is 4 ingredients, a bit of spices, 20 minutes and bam – deliciousness is at your table! I like to rev up spices when I cook it, but it’s totally optional.
– 1 tbsp Ghee
– 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 inch ginger root, minced or grated (optional)
– 2 tsp curry powder
– 1 tsp ground coriander (optional)
– 1/2 tsp ground turmeric (optional)
– 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks
– 3 medium zucchini, sliced 1 inch think
– 4 cups water
– 1.5 tsp salt, plus more to taste
Heat Ghee in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and salt and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, ginger (if using) and spices and cook stirring constantly for 1 minute. Add water, potatoes and zucchini. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender, 12-15 minutes. Puree the soup in the blender. Adjust for salt.